In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Used MEC 600jr

tgwtgw Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
I am thinking of getting into reloading 12 gauge. Some 40 years ago I used a Lee Loader to reload .45acp and enjoyed it. Now that I am getting into trap shooting thought it might be a good idea to also get into reloading. I think for my purposes a MEC 600 jr would be a good way to go. I see them on eBay and am wondering if I should consider getting a used one, or stick with getting a new one?

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Mine is over 40 years old and still ticking away, and was through one fire.
    Seems pretty hard to wear one out, so I sure wouldn't loose any sleep over buying a used one........
    Forget the red bars and hunt up a adjustable one for it, it is a excellent add on........
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have four in my family all were purchased used and I have loaded thousands on mine. Well built and tough. I have never had to repair mine but most parts are available to do so if needed. If it looks in good shape I would not hesitate.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had several MEC 600jr's, and they work much better than the LEE shotshell loader.
    Now, depending on your actual volume of shooting, you might want to look at the MEC Grabber or even a 9000G loader. To put it in gun terms, the 600 is a muzzle loader, the Grabber is a pump gun, and the 9000 is a semi-auto.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Depends on what they want for them. New they are only about $130 so for me to buy a used one it would have to be under about $75 shipped.