In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Load info. for 1911

badhabithobbybadhabithobby Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
I am going to load up some 165 grn. semi wadcutters for my 1911. Does anyone have a load worked up already for this size bullet? I am going to use titegroup powder. Basically I need to know how many grains of titegroup works best and with what size spring to make the gun function. I need a starting point. Also, what o.a.l. on the bullet? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Try 5.7-6.2grs.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I don't want to throw cold water on your project But I think you will find the driving bands of bullets lighter then 200 grain Semi Wadcutter bullets "unless they are the type like the star 185 grain with a hollow point and long nose." will be too short to give you good groups at the 50 yard line. . With that said you can vary both the main"hammer" spring and the recoil spring to get the gun to function with lighter loads then normal with the 200 grain H&G 68 style bullets If you are trying to reduce recoil. On a semi auto pistol it will take a set amount of recoil impulse to fully cycle a slide on your pistol. This will vary on if you have red dot or open sights and how hard you hold a pistol . IMHO you gain nothing if you go with a light bullet if you have to load hotter to get your pistol to function Again in my opinion go with a bullet that will shoot good groups first . Secondly if you ever want to enter in a BALL CMP/DCM match then you do yourself NO favor shooting WIMP loads in the NRA Matches . PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN" feel free to email me I have been shooting Bulls-Eye for many years.