In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

C-H .444 dies

pdhunterpdhunter Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
I have a set of C-H .444 dies , how ever , unlike my rcbs dies there
is only the rod for resizing and de capping and a seater plug.
This is a 3 die set. The die that say's sizer has no rod. Am I missing something here ?
Thanks for any info.

Comments

• shooteroneshooterone Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please excuse my stupidity but I cant figure out what your question is. Can you be more specific?
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I too am a bit confused on the question. However, I'll take a stab at it.

If you have a 3 die set, since this is a rimmed straight wall cartridge, I'd guess what you MIGHT have is:

Sizer- sizes external walls down
    Neck flare/decapper
    Seater

Some straight wall dies have the decapper as part of the flare die.

Then again you might have a set that has a sizer, seater, and crimp die in which case I'm not sure what you mean abotu 'no rod' because you say just above that 'there is ....the rod for resizing and decapping....... and then below, 'the sizer has no rod'.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.
  • pdhunterpdhunter Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well , I read my own post and I could not understand what I was talking about !
    What I meant was in my rcbs 3 die seat the sizer die also has the decapping rod , but c-h does not.
    after your explaintion ,Jonk , I belive the flair is on the same rod as the decapper.
    Thanks for the info and sorry about my first post