In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

6.5 wsm?

joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
Is there any manufactors considering making commerical either a 6mm wsm or a 6.5 wsm? I know that it is currently being done but not on a commerical bases as I understand it. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    joes,

To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to explore the commercial market with either the 6.5 WSM or the 6 WSM. The larger existing cartridges such as the 6.5/284 or the 6/284 already get complaints from shooters for being hard on throats and yielding short barrel life. Adding more capacity by using the WSM case will not gain you much without going to extremely long barrels and potentially even less barrel life than the .284 versions.

If you have an interest in a good balance between cartridge case and caliber, you should look at the 7mm RSAUM which is getting great reviews from the long range target shooters. It's design is also suited to hunting rifles that don't necessarily need a much longer barrel because there is a good balance when you concentrate on the heavier bullets.

Best.
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you once again sir!