In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

wssm wildcats

skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
I know that there is a 6.5 wildcat of the wssm(6.5 gradel I think), but has anyone tried a 7mm or is it too much of a bullet. Would it be a little more than a 7mm-08. Are Browning a-bolt's harder to modify than a winchester, I'm not gunsmith nor did I stay at a holiday Inn last night so I won't do the work myself. Kinda has my interest, any input.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    skyfish,

The 6.5 WSSM has been referred to as the 6.5 Heaton and several other names. The 6.5 Grendel is based on the 6PCC case.

As far as the 7mm WSSM is concerned, there are again several versions and names to go along with the versions. There isn't one that stands out for me. The performance will be similar to any of the 7mm-08, 7x57 or other cases with similar capacity.

The limiting factors will be the magazine length and the barrel length.

"Are Browning a-bolt's harder to modify than a winchester..."

It depends on what you mean by 'modify'. Almost any action can be modified but the type and complexity of the fixtures will vary with the work requested. There aren't nearly as many accessories available for the A-Bolt as there are for something like the Remington M700. The Browning takes a different set up to perform any accurizing or blueprinting.

Best.