In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interesting observation(450 marlin ammo)

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
I have a couple of boxes of Hornady 350 gr. FP ammo for my .450 Marlin. One box is a newer box I bought with my gun. The 2nd box, is older(with the black/gray design box) that I bought off of here. Both boxes feature the same bullet, same velocity, and same point of impact according to the outside of the box. I take a round from the newer box and shake it, barely can hear the powder, if at all. I take a round from the older box and shake it, clearly hear the powder shake. Maybe a different powder producing similiar ballistics? I don't know, but I guess I will find out when I shoot them.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Maybe a different powder producing similiar ballistics

I think so.
    Any time somebody pops up on the internet wanting to know "What powder is in factory loads?" the stock answer is "It is a secret special blend that the powder mill does not sell to ordinary people."
    I think it is more like whatever reasonably suitable powder the ammo company got a low bid on this month, not necessarily what they will be using next month.