In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fedex just showed up (update with pics)

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
Well I was sad when I looked online last night and saw my order was not going to show up till tomorrow. The problem with that is I head to work tonight so would have to wait a few more days to play.

Well up comes Fedex not too long ago and made me [:p]

I got another RCBS 2000 progressive press, Dillon 600 Swager, and to get the 5% price break I had to bump it up a few $ so I got 300rds of Hornady 220gr RN bullets to try in .300 Whisper.

I have one RCBS 2000 now so getting another that uses all the same part was a big plus. I have had more time to load and while it is not hard to switch calibers I decided it would be nice to have a second press. This way I can run big batches with one like I am now and be able to run small batches of other stuff I need too. Right now I am running a big batch of .223 and I want to get it all processed with the same set up but I NEED to load more 9mm. Now I can.

With the large batch of .223 I needed a faster way to do primer crimps. I have tried the RCBS swager that goes in my Rockchucker and it works good but takes some effort. I have the crimp cutter for my prep center and it works very well too but after only a hundred or so rounds I cant feel my hand. After reading and reading I thought I would give the Dillon a try.

I have been testing my .300 Whisper with 240gr SMK bullets but they cost about $0.50/rd. After reading some I found the Hornady 220r RN bullets are very close in ballistics but only cost about $0.27/rd.

So all this with the best online price, a 5% discount, and $4.50 for shipping [8D]

I know, the part you are all waiting for, the pics. Well I am going to have to let you down for now. I just got it unpacked and dont have time to set it up. I will get it set up and promise pics when I get back.

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish Fed Ex would show up at my house with one of those set-ups[;)]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Surely you are running out of room for your goodies.

I, however, have space for it....[;)]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He hasn't posted pic's yet. Maybe he was dreaming the FedEx guy showed up with one.[;)][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am running out of room for sure.

Pics on Monday night when I get home.
  • Options
    WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    I wish Fed Ex would show up at my house with one of those set-ups[;)]

+1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now for the moment you all have been waiting for:

I have had the one on the left for quite a while now and the one on the right is the new one. I also have a 1970's Rock Chucker that I got from my dad that has seen quite a bit of use by me. It was NIB when I got it about 15 years ago.

DSC06632.jpg

DSC06637.jpg

I have not decided what to do with the swager yet as it does not need to be mount on the bench full time. Some people have them mounted at an angle so the brass just falls into a box or such. I am still working that one out.

Yes I know it is a mess right now. Part of it is stuff that was on the part of the bench that was just taken over by new stuff.

Hope you enjoy.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That Dillon blue looks awfully lonely on that RCBS green bench.[}:)]
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice. Now I'm the one dreaming![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nwcid...gotta ask, are you left handed?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Left handed?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nwcid

Left handed?

The reason I ask is the handles on your presses are on the right hand side. I had a lyman press that the handle could be installed on either side but I prefered the right side and I am LEFT HANDED. I know its a goofy question I was just wondering. that all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope not a lefty. That is just how the presses are set up. Never really thought about it till you said something.

Only press I have that is not like that is my Mec Jr (laying on the bottom shelf) which has the handle in the middle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Nwcid, I know its goofy, but the Lyman press was my first one back in the late 80's, it was designed to be able to mount the handle on either side(screw in). for some reason I decided that the right side felt best(right hand pulls handle). I guess I'm right hand dominate for reloading[;)]...thx for answering my question. And thx again for the Speer reloading manual I won. reloader44mag.