In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scope Help!!!!!

TN_HUNTERTN_HUNTER Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
I just purchased a new tikka 308 for deer hunting and need some help deciding on a scope. I will be hunting mainly open hardwoods and cut overs and will have shots between 25 to 250 yards. I am looking to spend between $300 to $500 on a scope and prefer 3x9x40. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For your usage and price range I think you cab pick from Burris- Fulfield2, Bushnell 3200, Nikon Monarch I think, also I have a Sightron and like it very much. I think any of those would be great scopes for that gun, personal tatste will dictate. Eye relief, lens coating, what kind of cross hairs, side parallax adjustment or front(wait you shouldn't have that on a 3x9).

I would like to here how that Tikka shoots, weather reloads or factory rounds.
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:[

I would like to here how that Tikka shoots, weather reloads or factory rounds.

I have a tikka T3 in a 300 wsm. Mine is one of the earliest to be sold. Mine shootsn under .5 inch @ 100 yards with reloads. It also is nearly the same with factory loads but I will tell that my chamber is VERY tight reguardless if I am shooting reloads or factory the bolt is somewhat stiff to throw. joe
  • Options
    keystone1974keystone1974 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for sure the bushnell