In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Titegroup for 9mm anyone?

TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
I just bought some to replace Unique as that's all they had on the shelf. I heard it burns cleaner.

Anyone have any pet loads for a 115 gr bullet?

I'm gonna start loading this weekend.

Comments

• Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I use it and seems very good. I have shot about 1500 rounds of it this summer. Mine is a subsonic load for my suppressor.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, Topkick. I am slowly changing (as I use up other powders) most of my plinking pistol calibers over to Titegroup. I have found it to be cleaner burning along with another advantage being that it is not position sensitive. so it works well in larger cases even with small volumes of powder. It is usually chepare per pound than the others too. I have been very happy loading 4.2g of Titegroup with a 115g jacketed bullet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks!

I was able to buy Titegroup for $16/lb vs $22/lb for Unique.

That's a deal. I bought 2# so I'm good for quite a while.
    My Unique load for 115 gr bullet is 5.2 gr, so this will be quite a savings on both ends.
  • Options
    jsurvantjsurvant Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I load 4.0 grains of TiteGroup for 115gr Rainier FMJ, which is a very soft FMJ bullet. It is almost like lead. If you are using more trad. FMJ you could start with about 10% more (4.4 grains) as a starting load. Load a few at 4.0grs and see what you think. I am getting controlled recoil, no muzzle flash, and good groups.

This is a great load and I might even reduce it a little more to see if it produces a good light load for the range.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's in line with my load data, but with Barnett? 115 gr bullets, I think I have on my shelf.
    Haven't put it all together yet, but will this next weekend.
    I hear good things at the range where I hang out.