In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is this a good deal?

WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am trying to scrounge up enough money to get into reloading. I found this but would like a more experienced opinion.

RCBS reloader with a bullet press, powder measure, powder scale; reload manual, bullet puller, tumbler and a piggy back attachment that makes it progressive.

It includes carbide dies for 9mm 38/357 and 44mag with shell plate and shell holder.

I would reload some pistol but mainly Rifle cart. right now up to 338RUM

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry Guy wants $460.00 which sounds high?
  • Options
    DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My uncle got the package deal from LEE at Midway or Natchez for <$100.

It includes everything. actually very impressed. He makes ammo just the same as I do on my RCBS.

If your loading a 338 you won't be doing it in mass volume. and you'll want to do it for accuracy so a single stage is all you'll need.

IMHO
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    WCI he wants too much $$ about twice of what I would be willing to pay. The RCBS PIGGY BACK was IMHO a poor attempt to make a progressive reloader.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have asked him to send some pics. I did look on e-bay among other places and saw you could get in the door much cheaper. I just thought if you could get a really good set up for a good price it might be worth it. I also found a box of rusted junk that in a former life might have worked for 150.00 Everything was missing pieces and parts. Seller stated it was found in a box in a barn they were cleaning out.
    Thank you for the Info
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its just the press, but there are a couple of Rockchucker II's on the auction side that are currently at about $65.