In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1911 grips

badhabithobbybadhabithobby Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
I am looking to put some grips on my 1911 for bullseye shooting. Can anyone recommend a good starter set, like maybe under $100.00? If you have a picture can you post for me or e-mail to me? Thanks

Comments

• RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Gil Hebard is still in operation they carried a nice selection of 1911 grips. The specific game(s) you plan to play may influence what is allowed. Also how specific you want it to be. There are some great feeling, thumb rest, adjustable shelve grips available but I never went that route because I wanted something that was also comfortable to carry. All a matter of priorities.
  • badhabithobbybadhabithobby Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for something with a thumb rest. I don't plan to use for anything except bullseye shooting.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    They are called Herrett "Nationals".

I believe Gil Hebard is still in business, phone is:
    309-289-2700

They are available from other sources (including on auction many times in GB). Last set from Gil was $49, other were at about $75 a few years ago.

Best of Luck
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I love the old SILE thumb rest Grips but sadly like many good products they are no longer made Look at auction sites ALL of them they show up from time to time. Be aware that Thumb rest are not legal in DCM/CMP Bulls-Eye matches.