In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

South African (PMP) 45 ACP

flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone has used this ammo and how good the brass was for reloading. If it's only good for a few loadings, I'll pass but otherwise I may have to give it a try. I haven't been able to find much about it online.
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=1093&dir=18|829|842

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 45 ACP is a low pressure round. It is not hard on brass. As long as the case is boxer primed and of proper thickness there should not be an issue.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Never shot the new production ammo but have used some of their brass for reloading, no issues.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I'll give it a wirl. I've been wanting a basic 1911 design for a few years so I think I'm going to pick up a Springfield GI 45. I want some factory ammo to start with. After that's gone I'll reload the brass. Thinking of picking up some 230 grain round nose cast bullets as well.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot some of the 223 and it was fine although a little dirty. I have also reloaded some of the PMP 45 brass and they have done fine at least for the couple times I have loaded them so far.