In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another great deal on a bullet mold

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123375143

If you are a newbie caster and hit BUY IT NOW on this mold I will toss some lead alloy for you in the box to help you get started casting. Just let me know who you are when you order it!

Comments

• shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    what is the od .355 or .357
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 358 number on the Lyman mold means it will theoretically cast a 358 diameter bullet with #2 alloy. I size them .358 with a alloy quite a bit softer than Lyman #2. I don't have any unsized to measure for you.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i want to get in to casting for the .355 for the 9mm and a 38 super and i also have a 2nd 38 super that has a .357 barrel so help me out what would size for the barrels mentioned rember you are talking to a roooookie caster
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootlow
    i want to get in to casting for the .355 for the 9mm and a 38 super and i also have a 2nd 38 super that has a .357 barrel so help me out what would size for the barrels mentioned rember you are talking to a roooookie caster

Not a bullet you would want for a super. Wouldn't feed for crap.

Not saying it couldn't be made to work if you threw enough money at the gun.

Generally you size bullets .001" over what your groove depth is. Sizing a bullet down .003-.005" is no big deal.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootlow

The auction numbers have changed so I am worried about steering you wrong.
    The 4-cavity mold casts a bullet primarily intended for the revolvers.

The 2 cavity mold I have listed casts a bullet of 121 grains and is great for the 9MM, 38 super and other calibers of that class. Depending on the alloy used it will throw a bullet of 356-3575 diameter. Unless you get lucky and find your 9MM has the same bore diameter as the Super you are probably going to need two molds to suit the needs. The .356 diameter will work great in your 9MM but be undersized for the 38 Super; even though Lyman lists that bullet in the 38 Super section, it would probably lead badly in your gun.

I sure hope that makes sense. [:D]