In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Setting RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
I've put this question to RCBS but they have yet to reply.
I have a Uniflow measure with the micrometer charge tube and am wondering if there is a chart (similar to one that came with my B&M measure so many years ago) that gives approximate settings for various powders and charge weights.
In time I'll be developing my own but it would be nice if I had a reasonable reference rather than starting with my best SWAG.
Thanks,

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never have seen a chart for the RCBS. I know that a very light "tweak" will get you 1/10th grain with Bullseye. A heavy handed "tweak" is about 1/2 grain of 2400 and a handful turn is about 5 grains of IMR 4895. [:D]

But; that also depends of if you are using the large volume or small volume drum. [;)]
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If nothing else that should be a good place to start, i.e. full turn equivalent with various powders, etc. Don't know which drum I do have. Will have to check.
    Thanks![:D]
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    I have just returned to hand loading. My RCBS Uniflow was easy to set up. Turn your tube down tight and the back it off several turns. Throw a charge an weigh it. This should be close enough to give you a pretty good guess for your next throw and weigh.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One full turn of the stem on mine = APPROXIMATELY!! three grains.
  • Mike FinkMike Fink Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob- On mine, I find that the setting on the tube is relatively close to the chosen load in a wide range of powders. In other words, a place to start before getting the exact load down by adjusting. Hope this helps. -Mike
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the advice folks. Got it well in hand.