In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake City Brass

bakmc3bakmc3 Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
Hi all, I am kinda new to the reload thing, although I have pretty much got the basics down. I recently bought some LC brass at our local gun show and my stanard large rifle primers will not fit the pockets. Are they small rifle primers for this case?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have the ability to obtain some lake city nickel brass,Can anybody
    say if this nickle brass any good for reloading.

Thank's For Any Info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a bunch (5000 ++) of Lake City 87 brass in .308. I have been using it to load for my M60 and Fal and it works great. I also have a Remington 700 PPS that I need to do some more loading for. I have about 200 rd of Winchester brass that is now twice fired. I am wanting to load a lot of arround 500rds for my target gun. I want to use good components so this would meen buying all the stuff including new brass. If I did that it is going to cost me a ton. Do you think if I was to go through and weigh, trim and check the LC brass to get 500rds that matched it would be good or would I be wasting my time?

John
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never heard of LC nickel brass,..but hey, LC is good brass, so if the price is right, get-some[8D]

How much is there available???? any extra??
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are 2 LC headstamps (that I know of) Lake City for US military cases and M?travid?ki F?mm?vek, H-3332 Sirok, Hungary, for: Armscorp USA Inc., Baltimore, MD also uses a LC headstamp.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WOOP,HOLD ON,MY BAD[B)].He has lake city brass,But the nickle brass has winchester head stamp on them.