In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shotgun reloading 28ga

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
got a hornady progressive loader a month or two back, been playing with it the last few weeks, still only loading one or two hulls at a time and cycling them thru, have almost all the problems worked out except the shot drop, ordered a new drop tube, only one size for the 28ga, I am using #5 shot, making hunting loads. the pellets want to hang up in the tube and I have to tap the tube with a screwdriver to get it to all fall out. I even reamed the old tube out, more funnell shaped at the top, this has helped a little ut still takes a few taps. any suggestions??

Comments

• 336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a typical problem with large shot even in the larger gages, the shot will "bridge". You're doing about the only thing that can be done to jar it loose, this just amounts to another step in the process which makes it a little more time consuming.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    afraid someone would say that.[:(] I was hoping there was some secret out there. thanks anyway.