In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In his rifle it may be the cast meow. In your rifle it may spray a group the size of a pie plate. Each gun is different, tuning the load is part of the process. Your rifle may not like Partition bullets but shoot Hornaday's into one hole. Just give it a try and let us know how you do. I am going to ask you to make sure that load is listed in the manual and no near max when you start development.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    k: I use a load very similiar to yours for 165 gr. bullets. 57 to 58.5 gr. of IMR4350 depending on the rifle. It shoots very well in most of my 06's. H4350 is supposed to be less sensitive to temperature so I'll try your load next chance I get.

Don't take this as criticism of your cartridge choice, since I understand your philosophy, but there's a good reason for the .30/06 being mainstream--it works.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    k: I collect old and/or odd bolt action sporting rifles. I've acquired a bunch of non-"mainstream" stuff, too. Like .244, .284, .264, .256 Newton, etc. But when you collect old bolt guns, you end up with a LOT of .30/06's. (Know where I can get a Mossberg RM-7?!)

I've been tempted by the 9.3x62 probably for the same reason you have one. How does yours shoot--speed, group size?