In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

40 S&W 165 FMJ load data

Grunt51Grunt51 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
Anyone know any data for this cartridge. Cannot seem to find load data regarding this. Anyone have data?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What powder are you going to be using?
  • Options
    Grunt51Grunt51 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

Whatever kind I can use...
  • Options
    macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can look at the Hogdon website. http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp
    They have data for 165 gr FMJ. 3 different powder manufactures.
    Marc
    I just looked again.. It's for JHP. Shouldn't make a difference.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grunt51
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

Whatever kind I can use...
    My pet load is as follows, for 165gr TMJ/PFP, 5.5gr Unique powder, CCI 500 primer, OAL 1.120, slight taper crimp. its a middle of the road load and functions great in my Glock 21,27 and S&W 4006.
  • Options
    dennisernstdennisernst Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have information for the 165gr. TJM ( Totally Metal Jacket) (Speer) If you could provide a fax number I will gladly copy and send it to you if this will help.
  • Options
    johnnierayjohnnieray Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with reloader 44. I use unique powder, its very economical and for target loads. I like 5.5 to 5.7 grains I find no reason to load above 1,000 ft/ sec to punch paper. And it's a much more pleasant load to shoot 100 rounds of, Hotter loads are put together for defense situations but 40 or 50 tend to hurt my hands.I like the accuracy of the 165 fmj's over the 180's and it helps keep your costs down so you can afford to shoot more.This round does't call for a crimp as it increases pressures. I ordered a One Book / One Caliber reloading manuel for the 40 S &W when I got mine From Loadbooks USA for $ 12.00 You should get one .