In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee primer feeder question

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
I have just started reloading, and just today I loaded my first 100 rounds of 9mm. I quickly found out that loading the primers with a pair of tweezers is not much fun. Lee makes a Safety Prime feeder for the turret press, but they make the following statement about the primer.

# Press must have the Lever Prime System (LPS) for this to fit.
# This will not fit a Classic Turret Press unless another bracket is used to mount it, the bracket is available from Lee Precision, their TP2699.

I have the new turret press kit, and it came with a black plastic bracket that looks like it mounts on one of the posts to hold the primer feeder. Can anyone confirm that this is the same bracket (part # TP2699) that they say I need to install the feeder?

Also I'm aware of the need for the Lee Auto Disk Powder Measure Riser.

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't help you on the LEE presses but I can say that a handheld LEE Auto Prime is a great priming tool and at about $14.00 much cheaper than most. It is nice to be able to "Feel" the primer seating.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a follow up to my question, I also asked Lee tech support and I finally got an answer.

Most of our customers order the Lee Safety Prime large and small and
    this is our product number 90997 and you will need to order the Auto
    Disk riser for this does allow clearance for the Lee Safety
    Prime. This is our product number # 90041. The bracket that came
    with the press is the one that will work with your Lee Safety Prime.

I thought I would post the answer here in case anyone else had the same question.