In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

primer question

redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
have some primers that im going to sell on gb. need to know how to designate them by their #. in other words the # = small or large rifle or small or large pistol? i have rem.#2 1/2, 5 1/2, 6 1/2, and 7 1/2. also have shotgun primers no. 69, .57, and .97, if you could please tell me what they are used for. 12, 20 guage, ect. thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    what would happen if by mistake use large magnum primer in a 308 win? friend of mine did that last night and loaded 50rds that way using imr 4320 powder
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With the supply situation the way it is, I may not be able to match a particular primer brand with the powder brand that my manuals specify. What's the best way to handle this situation? Is it anything to worry about?
    I'm new to reloading & I don't want to do anything to hurt my gun or myself.
    GH1[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Which one of these two primers do you guys feel is better. CCI benchrest or Federal match?
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just giving the numbers should be enough; buyers will know what they are. You may want to check how you'd ship them first, though. I'm not sure any shipping company will accept them from an individual.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    You may want to check how you'd ship them first, though. I'm not sure any shipping company will accept them from an individual.

Sure they will, just have to pay hazmat and label correctly.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send them UPS or FedEx with the hazmat label. Do NOT send them via the mail or FedEx/UPS without claiming them as primers. Don't want to send a long time behind bars and/or a very expensive fine.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a note of interest, I bought some primers a while back on GB and the seller could not get them shipped. We finally did a hand to hand transfer but he was out a fair amount of gas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yea, had to cancel my auctions. would have cost $23 for the hazmat shipping plus regular shipping. and either i had to pay someone that was hazmat certified to ship for me or i had to take a 2 day siminar and pay over $500 to get certified myself. its all a bunch of bull crap. i can ship whole ammo, but not individual components! guess ill wait for the gun show. thanks for everyones comments. might have kept me from getting into trouble.
  • Options
    bountyhunter101bountyhunter101 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redman.com1
    have some primers that im going to sell on gb. need to know how to designate them by their #. in other words the # = small or large rifle or small or large pistol? i have rem.#2 1/2, 5 1/2, 6 1/2, and 7 1/2. also have shotgun primers no. 69, .57, and .97, if you could please tell me what they are used for. 12, 20 guage, ect. thanks

Just some info you need to know. You cannot ship your primers unless you are HAZMAT certified or have a HAZMAT shipper that is willing to help you. These can only ship UPS or Fedex with a special account in place for HAZMAT items. If you are caught shipping these the penalty is severe, includes heavy fine & Federal jail time. Just tought you would like to know, I found out the hardway & can only sell with local pickup.