In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No hazmat for primers under a certain weight?

I've been seeing a lot of people with auctions for 100-300 primers, saying nothing about hazmat fees and one even saying that if you keep it under a pound there is no hazmat fee. Are these people nuts, trying to get me in trouble or what? They seem like pretty good deals but I could see it being a scam where I send the money and never get anything in return. Thanks! (PS: Anybody in Connecticut got some primers?!?)

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DOT regulates primers, they are hazmats 1 or 1 million. The only person that can get in trouble are the shippers.
  • Options
    ThirtyAughtSixThirtyAughtSix Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the speedy reply! It's so tempting but I don't need to get ripped off anymore (don't ask). Anybody out there in Connecticut have some large rifle primers? Anything will do, I can work up/down a load to compensate, I haven't made any ammo in months [:(]. God I just want to throw my judgment away and hope these people not charging hazmat fees just have a wish to go to jail and aren't going to just keep my money. But my motto has always been if it has anything to do with guns, keep it legal so I guess I just figured that out for myself. Thanks again.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Cabelas in E Hartford,they might have some.
  • Options
    edg1520edg1520 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i bought some from the auction site here came through the mail with no problem or haz mat fees
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got some on back order from Cabela's, thanks for the idea... they haven't had any at their stores in a month, probably all reserved and gone as soon as the truck pulls out. Anybody have any experience with ordering them online from Cabela's? My order says it should ship in 0-1 weeks, but the next day I went to order more and it said 5-6 weeks... Are those estimates usually any good? Thanks.

-John
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by edg1520
    i bought some from the auction site here came through the mail with no problem or haz mat fees

Still doesnt make it legal and if the shipper would have been caught I they would never even think of doing it again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the help guys... I went to Hoffman's today just to stock up on some shot shells and when I was checking out I asked the guy if he knew when they would be getting a delivery of primers in. He asked what I was looking for and said they had a couple boxes behind the counter, guess they took them off the shelves to prevent a rush or something. He would only sell me one box but thats good enough for now, I haven't had any in 2 months. Guess I'll send my pops over there tomorrow to grab another 1000 if they still have them [:D].

That thread on using match heads was looking like my only option, or pulling the bullets out of my stockpile of HXP but I need that for the zombies anyways...