In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

257 Roberts reloading data.

Hello. does anyone have acurate reliable reload data for 257 Roberts +p brass? I have 120 G Nosler partition and 117 G Sierra spitzer BT and 87 G Sierra Spitzer BT . .

Thanks Chuck.

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A recent article stated the +p brass was thicker/heavier than other brass. I only use nonplus p brass so have no personal knowledge of any differences.
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunt mann,

Mobuck is right in that the +p .257R brass is heavier than standard .257R. There is about 15 more gr. of brass in the web to allow the round to be pushed out at much higher pressures. Do not mix +P and standard brass together.

To get back to your question: Yes, I regularly shoot 115 gr. bullets from the 257. I use 43 gr. of H4350 for a velocity of 2950 out of a 26" barrel. You can start with 40 gr. for a 120 gr. bullet and work up. The other load we used out in NV was 41 gr. of 4895 behind a 85/87 gr. bullet. You may or may not want to go with light bullets like that. The .257 really shines with them. It does pretty good with the heavier 115-120's as well.

-good luck