In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage F class

anyone have one or have any expeirience with these rifles? I am thinking of getting one of these to get into competition.

I was thinking of a 6.5x284 Norma.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    csjs1194,

I tested this one along with the F/TR model as well. It is as close to a 'turnkey' competition rifle as you will find without having to have one custom built specifically for competition. Not only are they going straight to the line and bench but there is even a team of guys that all shoot them as a team. The shooters using these rifles are starting to post some wins also. Check some of the competition websites and do some nosing around on them to get some of the up-to-date information.

I don't think a novice can go wrong with the cost or the quality. Remember to get good glass though, don't cheap out on the scope and mounts.

Best.
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A guy bought one from a local gunstore here and put his standard loads through it. In his first competition, which wasn't long after, he shot a 7" group @ 1k. I also understand he took second in that competition. I don't know the barrel break in or anything else. but that is pretty amazing for an off-the-shelf rifle.