In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lake city .270 win

vonbamavonbama Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
went to gun show in b'ham Al. today, seen some once fired brass for sale with lc 5 on head stamp, guy said it was .270 caliber made by lc for military. My question is: would lake city make .270 for our military or another?

P.s. no small rifle primers available at show and ammo was high

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are at least 3 places that use the LC headstamp, and only 1 of them is in the US. The others I know of are in China and Hungary
    270 cases could be made with -06 forming tools (except for the neck/shoulder forming), but IIRC the last time LC Arsenal made ANY -06 length brass was in 1978 (and that was a run of match cases).
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Until I can be proven wrong, I'll state that the US military does not use any .270 Win rifles OR ammo.

It sounds to me like somebody's REFORMED Lake City 30-06 brass - meaning it might be once fired, or fired many times and worn out.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab

It sounds to me like somebody's REFORMED Lake City 30-06 brass - meaning it might be once fired, or fired many times and worn out.

I agree. LC 5 would be 1955 production brass if it's usgi brass.