In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinions wanted on Scale

Is anyone using the DS-1250 MTM Scale? I'm considering buying one and would like to hear from folks who might be using this scale first. Pros? Cons?
I thank you in advance for your input, as always.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I don't have the MTM, but another brand of "pocket" scale. I found it to be too sensitive. Traded into a Lyman 1200DPS.

Just went to Midway's site and read reviews on scale.
    After reading them I would suggest spending money on something better!
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Thanx dcs, I was thinking that litle scale might make a nice take-along or come in handy for weighing brass, etc. but if it's not a decent scale I guess I'll pass on it.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW, I love mine. Basically use it to set and check powder measure.
    Have no complaints.
  • Options
    glabrayglabray Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most people's problems with scales of any model or brand are more due to incorrect setup and usage than any problems inherent to the device. Digital scales tend to be a bit more particular to how they are used than the old balance beam types. The scale needs to be setup on a solid surface that is not subject to any vibration such as an electric motor running nearby. It also needs to be away from any source of electric or magnetic field such as electronic entertainment devices, nof-filiment lights, etc. It also needs to be away from any source of draft such as an open window, air vent, etc.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only advice I can give you is don't buy a PACT. If you unscramble the letters it also spells JUNK.