In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR Triggers

smith52smith52 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
DPMS Panther AR-15 shoots nice but the trigger is less than desirable, Any suggestions?

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Yes.

Mccormick makes a single stage trigger pack, It just drops in. Very reliable and easy to install.. I like the flat model. pull on mine is about 3 and a half pounds.

Also Look at the Rock River Arms national match two stage trigger group. It is one of the better two stage triggers. Pull weight is 5 pounds.

Also Jard and Jewel offer match triggers.
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used a bunch of Jard triggers. They work great. They are not drop in but aren't to hard to put in.
  • PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Jewell trigger for my AR-15 and I have been very pleased. It wasn't cheap, but good things seldom are. Installation was easy.
  • smith52smith52 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I spent some time over the weekend checking out different triggers online and think I've decided on a Jewell due to the adjustiblity.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put Chip McCormick drop in triggers in 2 fo my ARs', love'm.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would seem the unitized trigger has a slight advantage over the multi-piece trigger simply due to better control of the pivot points and the fixed relationship of the trigger/sear. Multi-piece units still have the slight variation of the pin holes in the lower.