In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PS90 loads

steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
While working with the current shortage and high prices I wanted to build a nasty little load for my 5.7 ps90. I bought 500 rounds of Hornady V-max before the "Obama Scare" at a good price. My dies have recently come off of the backorder list and I'm almost set. Instead of using used shells and risking problems with the factory crimped primers, I thought I would pull the 40 grain v-max and use a nice 50 to 65 grain HPBT from Speer instead. In .224 I would think. If anyone else has traveled this road before me your input would be most appreciated.

Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. Sam Houston

Comments

• Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't help you on your loads but I know there is a 5.7x28 forum. I don't remember the website. Do a search and you should be able to find it. It had a section on reloading.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, found some fairly knowlegdeable people. If the mods keep this thread alive I'll post results after testing for anyone who may be interested.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sold my ps90 for the toy that it was. I enjoyed shooting it but the current situation demanded a battle rifle so I bought a socom instead. Sorry I never got a chance to test my handloads and I sold my dies with the rifle. Too bad we cant legally buy the ss190 round, the bullet the gun was designed for. Oh well, live and learn i guess.