In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ramshot X-Terminator powder

Any one tried it?? I got 4 pounds for $60 when a friend quit the reloading business. I will be using it in 223 mostly.

Comments

• Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    I just bought 10# of this to load .223 based on the ads and write ups. Is this clean burning enough to use in AR's? The ads say it is but I'd like to hear that from someone who actually uses it.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    haroldchrismeyer,

It's a perfect combination for that rifle. I've used it in my both my AR and my bolt and it worked well for velocities. Accuracy was good as well.

Edit:

I worked up to 24.2 gr. with a 60 gr. V-max in the bolt gun and 24.6 gr behind a 55 gr. V-max and FMJ in my AR Those loads are both right at, if not just a smidge over max. Starting load for either was 22 gr.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've loaded about 10-12 # of this in 223 for bolt and AR rifles. Seems to work well. It is a fairly fast burn rate. I have not gone as hot as the previous post as I use mixed brass and sometimes a military case will get into a batch of commercial. I'm getting 3300 fps with 24.5 grains behind Nosler Ballistic Tips and 24" barrel. Using 23.5 w/55 grain in Lake City brass.
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    The Tac and X-terminator powders have worked well for us ( myself and several friends)in everything from T/C Contender in .223AI to AR-15 and Bolt rifles.
    I think you'll like it
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I checked the website for data, only limited applications were listed. I'd like to use it to load some 7.62x39 but haven't seen tested data and don't intend to start on my own. I have a little pamphlet but it doesn't help much. If there is more published info available I'd like to know where to find it.