In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

44 Remington Magnum

What is the hottest (yet still safe) load you got for a 44 Mag shooting a 310 grain cast lead bullet, w/gas check?

Comments

• Options
    cash777cash777 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could e-mail oregon trail as they list a 310 wnfp gas checked under their trueshot line or check taffin test as there is a load for a ssk 310 but I do not know if its gas checked. A few words I found people are slow to respond to. hottest safe and witness was another heh heh heh heh
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    About 1200-1250fps. max.

WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR LOADING MANUAL [?][?][?][V][xx(]
    YOU ASK FOR INFO, THEN PUT UP SMART * REMARKS [:(!][:0][xx(]

HEH HEH HEH HEH !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cash777
    You could e-mail oregon trail as they list a 310 wnfp gas checked under their trueshot line or check taffin test as there is a load for a ssk 310 but I do not know if its gas checked. A few words I found people are slow to respond to. hottest safe and witness was another heh heh heh heh

You're scarey. [}:)][;)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    About 1200-1250fps. max.

WAIT, while I get a pencil and paper to jot down all this info. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the weight is not 310, but Buffalo Bore lists a 305 grain at 1325 fps, and a (Good LORD!) +P+ 44 Mag that is 340 grains, at 1478 fps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, the mold I have is a Lee 310 grain FN gas checked. I'm looking for a good, strong hunting load to put behind it. Another bullet weight is not an option, right now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About 1200-1250fps. max.

WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR LOADING MANUAL [?][?][?][V][xx(]
    YOU ASK FOR INFO, THEN PUT UP SMART * REMARKS [:(!][:0][xx(]

HEH HEH HEH HEH !!!!!!!!!

That's only because, you posted useless info and you knew it. All 5 of my manuals are near my reloading desk. Where's yours? [?][?][?]
  • Options
    cash777cash777 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't want to be scarry but I don't load the 310 grain you could go to Hodgdons free sight they don,t list 310 but they have above and below---while your there read there Mission statement on the home page
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    YOU ASKED FOR A HOT LOAD FOR A BULLET WEIGHT. I GAVE YOU THE MAX FPS FOR THE WEIGHT YOU ASKED FOR. IT IS UP TO YOU TO FIGURE THE POWDER TO USE TO MAKE THIS.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RELOADING [:0][V]
    I'VE ONLY BEEN LOADING 44MAG FOR ABOUT 35YRS. AND HAVE ABOUT 20 MANUALS WITH IT LISTED [:0]
  • Options
    darksiderdarksider Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you forgot the most important part of your info request!!!! WHAT BRAND OF GUN ARE YOU SHOOTING because what I shoot in my Ruger will kill your smith or colt if you know what I mean personally I shoot a 250gr Keith bullet Its all you need at about 1300fps
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YOU ASKED FOR A HOT LOAD FOR A BULLET WEIGHT. I GAVE YOU THE MAX FPS FOR THE WEIGHT YOU ASKED FOR. IT IS UP TO YOU TO FIGURE THE POWDER TO USE TO MAKE THIS.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RELOADING [:0][V]
    I'VE ONLY BEEN LOADING 44MAG FOR ABOUT 35YRS. AND HAVE ABOUT 20 MANUALS WITH IT LISTED [:0]

I wanted to see if anyone had a load that was significantly different than what is in my books. They're not. You were about as useful as tits on a boar pig. Please don't respond to any future load requests from me. I have determined that you are a self-centered, stuffed shirt, conceited, jerk. [:(!][V][:X]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    please re-read the posting guidelines before a post that could be beneficial, goes bye-bye.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by darksider
    you forgot the most important part of your info request!!!! WHAT BRAND OF GUN ARE YOU SHOOTING because what I shoot in my Ruger will kill your smith or colt if you know what I mean personally I shoot a 250gr Keith bullet Its all you need at about 1300fps

This ammo will be fired from a Ruger Super Redhawk.