In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone else have ...........

375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
The " sickness " [B)][:p][:D][:p][B)][B)]
I simply LOVE to reload Rifle & Pistol cartridges [:p][:p][:p] and monkey ( for lack of a better word ) around with cases and equipment for loading . I just finished 150 rounds of 223's for my Win 70 , 55gr Ballistic Tip over 25.3 gr's of H-335 and a rem 6 1/2 primer O.A.L. at 2.275" .
After I got them done , I sat them all up real nice on the loading bench and called the Honey up stairs to see em [8)] . She thinks I'm nuts [B)]
Every case I load MUST be tumbled clean , primer pockets MUST be cleaned , all cases MUST be trimmed to = lengths , every powder charge MUST be weighed one at a time .
If I'm not home loading bullets , I'm out the mountain or the Rifle Range looking for empties [:p][:p][:p] or making my own empties .

Sometimes I'll load a tray ( 50 ) rifle or pistol round without the intention of ever shooting them , thats when I break out the latex gloves and never touch them with bare hands [:p][B)][:D][:(][:(] casing or bullet . You know how nice those Accubonds look in new shinie Nickle brass with a gold Rem primer to off-set the colors [8D]

Am I some kind of nutcase , or are there others out there like me ?
Surly I can't be alone . If I cut myself ,I bleed green , not because I'm a diehard Philadelphia Eagels fan , but because I'm a bigger RCBS fan .
Please tell me I'm not alone .

Think I'll go back to the Gun room and find something to do ,there has to be a bag of something that needs to be sorted , or sized or cleaned , or something , anything [:p][:p][:p] soon it will be day light , off to scoure the bush for more brass [:p][:p][:p]

Good Night all [8][8][8]

Comments

• Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I'll load a tray ( 50 ) rifle or pistol round without the intention of ever shooting them , thats when I break out the latex gloves and never touch them with bare hands casing or bullet . You know how nice those Accubonds look in new shinie Nickle brass with a gold Rem primer to off-set the colors

This statement may cause some concern about your mental stability. I say, do what makes you happy.[:)][:D][8D][:p][;)][:o)][^]
  • Options
    hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    375, theres nothing like going to the loading room, turning the radio on, throwing in a pinch of skoal and relaxing. Just me, brass, bullet, powder and primer. And the feeling you get when you seat that bullet and it looks perfect while measuring to the perfect OAL. You are not alone my friend.[:D]
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand and you are not alone! I'm not one of you of course, but I am sure there are others![}:)][:D]

I love to reload. Shooting, Loading and Brassing (picking up brass, I came up with that one myself) are all different hobbies to me and I enjoy every one. Each one is distinctly different and they all benefit eachother. I polish my brass until I can't get my brass mixed up with anyone else's because it is so bright. I sort brass while watching TV with my wife.

Best of all my wife helps with all three hobbies (although she likes to load shotgun shells the best in loading). She has her own guns (but that never keeps her from shooting mine) and she knows them inside out. I hate it when I don't have something to sort or load.

P.S. I don't just bleed green. I bleed RCBS Green and Dillon Blue.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I am nuts - I counted once, and it was around eighty steps to reload a round for my oddballs - Chief among them, the .35 Whelen Ackley Improved. Start with once fired Military .30-06 cases... End up with a Beauty, long, perfect Brass finish, with Purple Sealer on Primers and Bullets, 225 gr Accubonds or A-Frames. Almost a shame to shoot them...NAH! Presently experimenting with Moly-coating.

And I reclaim lead from my Club Berms, Melting and fluxing, casting, sizing, Lubing, etc., and ending up with beautiful, shiny, smooth, concentric bullets for the Brother's .45-70, or for my .45 ACP or my Wife's S&W 640.

I Bleed Dillon Blue or Bonanza Red for my pistol cartridges, and only Bonanza (now Forster) Red for all my Rifle Cartridges.
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do the same! ( come look at my pretty bullets- she is never as excited as I am......??????). - Hornday red tips with nickle cases are the best! ( 300 wsm).

As far as blood- lyman orange is my color, Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank God I'm not alone [:D] I'm sure there's a bunch more , their just too busy loading bullets or serching for brass somewhere to post to this thread.
    Just got 1000 125gr JHP Zero 9mm bullets in todays mail , I know where I'll be the next couple of nights [:p]
    Enjoy your hobby fellas !!!! We are many , but there are few like us .
    Gotta smile to myself when I read and hear all the folks beachin about not being able to find this ammo or that ammo [:o)]
    When I need it , I just go upstairs and make it [;)][8D][:D][:p][:p]
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're nuts, you're certainly not alone with your sickness.[:D]
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how about I send you 100 rounds of 7mmTCU and you load them and send them back? I even pay postage.

J/K
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After careful preparations and loading how many of you fondle your rifle ammo after you load it.

I clean every round with a soft cloth, wipe all the finger prints off the nickel plated cases. Carefully inspect from every angle and reject any round for any pecieved flaw, maybe check them all for concentricity and clean them again. Box up the perfect rounds for careful use and the rejects get spent at the earliest chance. Often these rejects will shoot sub MOA groups but can't stand to have the flawed ammo around. Wish I could say I have shelves of perfect ammo but I can barely keep a reasonable store on the shelf as I really like to shoot too.
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only problem i see with your post is that you are and Eagles fan. Go Steelers. But besides that, I am the same way!!

Good Things come to those who shoot straight!!
    Kona
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you asked, I think that you are totally freakin nuts and should not be left out of the house.Oh the reloading stuff is normal, but the whole [?]EAGLES[:(] thing is material that can get you committed. Get with the program and admit your mistake. Ditch the green slime for the Black and Gold and keep saying" Sorry football Gods, Right State, wrong end." Your shortcomings can be corrected once you admit your problem and seek professional help. A few belts of Iron City and a sandwich from Primanties is a good start. Ride the Incline (either one is fine). hang out on Carson Street. Take the boat to thr Stadium and go nuts for the world champs.......Voila' your'e cured!!!! Repeat as necessary, 6 was enough for me, for now... working on number 7[:D]

PS noticing that the EAGLES are usually Black and Blue lately after Intertrastate contests. [B)][B)][B)][xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    konamtbiker
    quote:The only problem i see with your post is that you are and Eagles fan. Go Steelers.

B17-P51
    quote:Ditch the green slime for the Black and Gold and keep saying" Sorry football Gods, Right State, wrong end."

Sept. 21st 2008 EAGLES 15 Steelers 6

I know ,I know , we won that battle , but you fellas won the war [:(]

I hate it when they bring up that 6 rings thing [:(]

Some day the Eagles will get one [:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)] Although I may not live long enough to see it [:(]
  • Options
    losttraillosttrail Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to. Then I ran out of primers and can't afford the racketeering prices on GB.

I've done everything else I can at this point, so i don't spend much time in that room anymore.[:(]

If I can ever get more primers, I will love it again.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No your not nuts but the only thing I disagree with you with is having no intention of ever shooting them. I have every intention of shooting them even if I never do.
  • Options
    e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm a shooter that likes to reload or a reloader that likes to shoot.

I concur with this statement 100%....

I don't just bleed green. I bleed RCBS Green and Dillon Blue.
  • Options
    44shotdoctor44shotdoctor Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an obsession. But an obsession like this, to take pride in your work. To show hey can you match my quality of work in these loads. To be able to make it better than the factory? This is pride. Keep up the good work. We are all proud. I have quality standards, we all do. We are all proud of the loads we take to the range. You just show a higher level than most. Very Nice!!