In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloading 7.62 for a CETME

bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
I have a lot of mil. 7.62x51 brass, some match most MG. The only .308 dies I have were used to load for my brother's BLR which needed small base sizing. I am going to load some for a CETME. Do I need to change sizers?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would not expect a problem with the smallbase die. If your CETME has a fluted chamber the brass may be trashed. I think the loads for this type rifle should be kept below the normal 308 Win. levels. The original 7.62 CETME was a lighter load but I've seen material that showed the rifles were ok with 7.62x51 Nato spec ammo.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your using small base dies don't use them in a turret press. I had this problem years ago. I was using a Lyman turret press and small base dies. They still didn't feed well and the people from Lyman told me that because the press actually flexes that the small base dies are pretty useless in them.
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I'll probably run them through the sizer in my Rock Chucker.