In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

why ?

47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently aquired some 222 that was marked as reloaded in the 80's. One box is marked as "Centennial Arms Corp." non corrosive boxer primed. There is a raised ridge around the primer and another raised ridge around the outside of the base. It appears as if someone has taken the cases and "turned them down" on a lathe to the point there is no lettering on the bottom of the case. any thoughs of what happened?

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    47studebaker,

As you are the one there seeing it (pics would help) I'm thinking by the way you describe it it may be because they turned it down from .223/5.56mm That way they don't get a .222 loaded into a .223 by chance.

Or, it may be finish process that wasn't done correctly and he lip you see just didn't get taken off. Are the cases headspacing okay? Because if it's what I initially suspected in the first paragraph then that might make the headspacing off
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think your right about the 223 cases being modified but that seams to be more work vs cost. I have reservations about shooting them but will try to chamber a couple to check the headspacing.

Thanks for the response.