In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am thinking of getting into...

competition pistol shooting,starting out at a club level. I do not belong to a club, so the first thing I guess is to join one. Went to a local shoot a few years back and placed first to my surprise in several yardages. That was fun but had other hobbies at the time, but since buying a Beretta 92 this year found it is the best shooting pistol I have ever owned.
I know little about this sport but want to test the waters a bit to see what I can do.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Go to www.idpa.co or www.uspsa.org and look up a club in your area.
    I shot USPSA for years until IDPA started. Have been shooting it since. I shoot my 92FS or Vertec now after using a 1911 for years. Find the 9mm better on my wrist that I broke 7 years ago.
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Thanks DCS, I found there are a few clubs within driving distance, one uspsa 15 mi from here. My beretta is the new one also. Bought 1000 fiocchi fmc to sharpen up the shooting skills. A fellow re-loader told me 9 luger was sorta tricky to reload. Seems like this hobby could take up a lot of weekend time, depending on how serious one wants to be.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    9mm is no harder to load than any other pistol round. All you have to do is get the dies set properly. I've loaded thousands with no problems, except one brand of brass that was shot in a sub gun.