In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

release trigger

pitjeeppitjeep Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
if you have a release trigger & pull it then deside you dont want to fire what do you do?

Comments

• Options
    gcs10gcs10 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open the action and release the trigger. This isn't difficult with an over and under or a side by side. However, it can be tricky with a pump or an auto.
  • Options
    pitjeeppitjeep Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this would be on a rem 870
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You will some how push the slide release without releasing the trigger, and open the action,LOL [;)]
    I would practice this at home with making sure the gun is EMPTY [B)]
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I practiced with my mdl 12,it still made me nervous when shooting protectors. I was told that a switch or button could be installed to deactivate the trigger so you could let go of the trigger without it going off. I ended taking one of my BT 99s to have a release trigger made, it's ALOT easier.
  • Options
    gcs10gcs10 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I practiced with my 870. It is a TB model with a pull trigger. With some difficulty, I can hold the "trigger" with my right hand, push the slide release with my left thumb and simultaneously use the center and ring fingers of the left hand to operate the slide.

I don't think I would go to a release trigger on an 870.

Cort