In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Could not believe ........

375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
The prices on rifle and pistol ammo at Gander Mt. [:0]

For a box of 20 223's , plain Jane ammo , $14 plus tax [xx(]
Hornady TAP ammo was close to $30 for 20 rounds [:0]

308 , 30-06 ,270 Rem core-lok $19 and tax
and if you wanted the hi end stuff like Ballistic silver tips or such , it was close to $40 a box .

I haven't bought a loaded box of ammo ( rifle or pistol that is ) for many many years , I prefer to roll my own , and I'm very happy for that . Gotta feel for the folks that must shoot factory ammo .

Tips .277 dia and up were close to $40 bucks for Nosler , and a lb of powder was $30 .

Maybe it was just THEIR prices , didn't bother going into Dick's sporting goods , can only handle so much at a time [:o)]

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Powder Valley Inc.

Gander Mountain is full bore retail, PLUS.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is why I don't shop there. Much better to roll your own.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree, 375 H7H, stuff just gone up after the election.[:(!] Not only that, common ammo like 9mm, 357 & 3006 became scarce.

I live real close to the Rem ammo plant here in Lonoke AR. They are at record capacity and remain there since the election.

I have not seen primers in any of the stores, but I had plenty before BHO.
    From reading these posts, I see primers are making a comeback, but demand high prices. Usually buy my primers and powders at gun shows or from Midway USA.