In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wind Shooting Connection

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
My old shooting box, long retired now. Old, dusty and nicked up that survived hurricans,falling off a truck,lost in shippment just to name a few mishaps.

But for the new shooters that shoot with the lid up and scope in the wind.

I had put this latch on and it worked well for me when a gust of wind would come a long and tried to blow the the lid down with the scope on it.

O ,what memories this box holds, bought used from a 2650 Army shooter
and refinished to the best looking shooting box on line at it's time.

The last owner had bullet holes in it, a story of it's own. The box has traveled around the world , built for shipping, heavy duty foam inlaid with gun clamp fasteners to withstand overturns.

Now, a new young owner is looking at it, a pistol competitor, a maybe Camp Perry traveler.

He said, Wallie, I'll give u $50.00 as is and I'll refinish it to life.

I said Chuck, It is ur's for free if u can tell me
Who was the sports figure that they made retire because he was the best in the world. Nobody could beat him. He had World Champion's for breakfast. They even named a condom after him.
Go home and think about it, ask ur friends and come back with the right answer.
windshootinghookup.jpg
windy.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I did not know they had a condom named Brian Zins[:0][:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I to have an old Pistol box that a dear friend used for 34 trips to Camp Perry I only made it 33 times . We were at Quantico in the 1970's and he had the hammer follow down when he let the slide close [:(] Put a hole in the back of the box. We left the pistol and box with Pistol smith for the Marine team . Next month when we went a the match to shoot and pick up the pistol and box the Box had a PURPLE HEART attached to it [^]. I loan it to any new shooter that wants to use it for their first match . It has plenty of good memories and MO JO. . We have a BRICK at Camp Perry in his honor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The first owner told me in Panama somewhere, 5 master shooters were bragging who was the best. So each put their boxes up to hold 5 beer bottles and according to him someone cross fired on his box and put a hole in the front. All shot 5 shots at 5 bottles on each box, all bottles were broken The 45 cal. bullet went between the
    folded down scope and the guns that were in the case.
    They said it was him, to cover up his low shot he shot 6 shots. So he told them he'll prove it by shooting at it at 60 yd's. He was so mad that when he shot he put another hole in the box this time high that went through the pull out magazine tray damaging 2 magazines.

When I got the free shooting box it was a mess. I had it comletely redone for heavy duty shipping. Everybody liked it and it was available for lone when I wasn't using it at Perry.

It had an alarm system ( home made)
    It had a unique gun holding system that able u to carry the box up side down
    It had recessed carrying straps on the top and the bottom of the box
    It had a big pull out magazine tray
    It was so well padded inside that the guns were secure from any roll overs. (but not bullets)
    It was on loan and went to RUSSIA, and lost for over 2 month. The box came back with out the guns and scope.

Now, another life it is begining. And again it's a mess
    The new owner is working on it and still looking for the answer to that quiz for a free shooting box.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That just hurts to watch!!![B)][B)][B)][B)](cause that's how many busted faces they showed)

I was thinking it was that Australian horse that they kept handicapping until he finally couldn't win with 320 lbs. on him. But I couldn't find his name. I'm sure somebody refers to him as a condom somewhere though.