In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hornady pro-jector shell plate indexing problems

rp85rp85 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
hello;

give up on my hornady pro-jector shell plate indexing problems. have one for over 20 years. it never really indexed right. today is got all out of wack. is there a simple trick to correct an indexing problem on hornady's pro-jector press??? yes i have tried to follow the direction but no luck getting things right.

thanks for any input.

rp

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Easy fix [;)] Sell it and buy Dillon [:)]
  • PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twenty years? That would be frustrating... I had a Hornady Pro-Jector that I bought used, and it came to me seriously out of time. I worked on it and puzzled over it for many, many hours until I finally had it working right, but unfortunately I didn't take notes. I do remember the adjustments are sensitive, but I firmly believe with some study and observation you will see how it works. Don't try to adjust timing while loading, but rather all stations empty. When I was all done, though, I decided it didn't compare favorably to my Dillon 550, and I sold it. I had in the long run more frustrations with the powder measure and drop tube functions than anything else. The fellow I sold it to must have solved the powder drop frustrations, he reported to me that he loves the machine!
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like it indexs same as the New LnL

My New LnL (basically new projector) had issues with the #1 plate but it was easily adjusted

The pawls that turn the index wheel need to engage it "just right"

one of them adjusts the throw and the other the pull for lack of better terms.

I would bottom them both out so they don't turn anything

Adjust one to push until it indexes that way properly

then adjust the other one to pull (index the other way) until it does properly

then you can adjust them as needed to fine tune it.

I was confused when I first got my LnL the above worked for me and now I can adjust it if needed.

I had read the projectors had indexing problems could be you need a new wheel.

Call Hornady and tell them your problem, I have never had them say they wouldn't fix it. My experience with their CS has been fantastic

The LnL had only one problem "EZ eject Wire" which I talked them into replacing it for the price of shipping me the part $5.99

Dillon makes good equipment, but you will pay for the name which adds very little functionality to their products just more money.
  • rp85rp85 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello;

thanks for the info. called hornady, explained what is going on, they said send it to them. shipped via u.p.s. just in case you may be wondering, that monster weights 20#, shipping cost = $30.87.

rp
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rp85
    hello;

thanks for the info. called hornady, explained what is going on, they said send it to them. shipped via u.p.s. just in case you may be wondering, that monster weights 20#, shipping cost = $30.87.

rp

I shipped them a 366 once to have it rebuilt it came back with the cost of shipping it to them deducted from the bill. I have never had them not make it right.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    If you'd bought a Dillon in the first place; you could have called them at your convenience and had someone talk you through your troubles; but then, if you'd bought a Dillon in the first place; you wouldn't be having problems.
    There's a lot more than just the nameplate behind every Dillon.