In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading Supplies Anyone?

redlantrnredlantrn Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
Hey guys:

Aside from some rifles I am auctioning off, I have a tons of reloading supplies and equipment which I will be listing over the next few months. The items have been recently removed from my late Grandfathers house, and much of it is from the 60's and 70's.
I do not have an inventoried list of everything, but am listing various items as time permits.
Thanks
Jason
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=1380653

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Jason,
    It would seem those bullets would all fit into a flat rate USPS shipping box. Shipping charges would then be under 15 bucks with proof of delivery. Many bidders are nervous about undeclared shipping charges due to abuse, I am one of them.

You may attract more bids if you can declare a shipping cost of some nature.
  • redlantrnredlantrn Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip. I have ammended my auction to state flat rate shipping USPS, and will provide receipts. I would hate to overcharge on shipping, especially 40+ pounds.
    Hey, now you can bid[;)]
    Thanks,
    Jason
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just ordered and received 25 pounds of lead online and the charge to ship the new USPS Medium Flat Rate Box was $10.35 - a bargain. That charge is good for up to 70 pounds in that size box. My order filled only about 1/4 the box and the shipper filled the space with empty plastic water bottles and cardboard for stiffness. Clever.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rocky. Now I can give people an estimate of shipping charges. Guess the Gov'ts good for something!
    Jason
    Below is a pic of one of 3 truckloads of gun stuff removed from my Grandfathers house(rifles,ammo 20,000+ rds, reloading supplies, powder, presses, and some things I can't mention here[:0]. All of it will be sold on here over the next few months.
    Jason. My auctions: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=1380653
    IMG_3923.jpg
    edited November -1
    Few things are sadder than a "widow sale." When I worked in a pawn/gun store we got about one a month. The widows never had a clue what all of it was worth, and I suspect that at any other store they'd have been cheated royally.

If that fails to encourage any of you to make a COMPLETE written inventory with any special items flagged with their value, I can't help you. Trust me, some day some weasel is gonna offer her $50 for that Hi-Grade Winchester Model 21 double because it's an "old gun."

For those listing auctions, you can get a very accurate shipping estimate at the USPS website. www.usps.com
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep us up to date on the stuff your selling. From the looks of it you have some good stuff.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Few things are sadder than a "widow sale." When I worked in a pawn/gun store we got about one a month. The widows never had a clue what all of it was worth, and I suspect that at any other store they'd have been cheated royally.

If that fails to encourage any of you to make a COMPLETE written inventory with any special items flagged with their value, I can't help you. Trust me, some day some weasel is gonna offer her $50 for that Hi-Grade Winchester Model 21 double because it's an "old gun."

Very true Rocky. Before I became charged with selling all this, along with about 40 guns, I knew very little about what I was dealing with, and am still learning. I have learned alot just by browsing these forums. I prefer listing everything at no reserve, as hundreds of knowledgeable bidders can better dictate what something is worth rather than what an FNG thinks it is worth to himself.
    Jason
    edited November -1
    The family is lucky to have you. I saw too many who had no interest in Granpap's nasty old gun thingies, and when they cam in to the store, the first question we asked was "What do want for them?" That's standard procedure, but it was appalling how many of them merely looked at each other and shrugged. It would have been SO easy to truly rake them over.

At a minimum, a family ought to engage a qualified assessor, but few think of it or would know where to find one. A list of what you own and what it's worth at a given date would be immensely valuable to them.
    edited November -1
    You can ship that book using USPS book rate or media mail. Should be about 4 bucks no matter the wieght or size.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:some things I can't mention here

Tell me about these can't mention items.
    edited November -1
    I'd like to, but I can't mention it here [;)]

Bunch more stuff just added.

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Send emails to our profiles about "unmentionables" Mabe we can help.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You look to be doing well on most of the auctions. Getting bids at least. Sorry, but nothing I need at this time.
    edited November -1
    Thanks,
    There is a ton more stuff to be put on, so keep your eyes peeled. Would it be ill advised to list reloaded ammo? I have about 30,000 rounds (many calibres) that my Grandfather reloaded, but am hesitant to list it.
    Thanks,
    Jason

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redlantrn
    Thanks,
    There is a ton more stuff to be put on, so keep your eyes peeled. Would it be ill advised to list reloaded ammo? I have about 30,000 rounds (many calibres) that my Grandfather reloaded, but am hesitant to list it.
    Thanks,
    Jason

I think you should break them down and sell the components. You put yourself at too much risk(liability) by selling reloads. It might take a while to take all of them apart. Or you could keep them and shoot them for yourself if you are confident in them.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    I'll suggest you list the reloaded ammo as "components only" and require a statment from the buyer to that effect. btw, great job on your auctions.