In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CCI primers

joker19joker19 Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
Don't know if anyone is interested but Ross's Coin and Gun in Idaho Falls ID has about 500 boxes of all types of primers. I went in the other day (I live here) and bought 5000 CCI 400 primers for $29.95 per box and some large rifle at the same price. They have stacks of all types and sy the never have a problem getting them!!! The reason i posted this is that I am sick of these Take Advantage sellers on this site trying to make a buck by ripping YOU OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just want to know if "Ross's Coin and Gun" hosts a web site and a forum
    like the one you just posted on for free??????[?][?][?]
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun

+1 I like to buy cheap also but I also like to support Gunbroker so if I do get gouged a little I am helping pay for the forums as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I may expand a little on my statement....
    This IS an auction site and smart bidders will always get deals here.
    No one has to bid on over priced primers or anything else for that matter. But I try to support a place that SPENDS their money to allow
    us to talk on this forum. When "Ross" does something for me, I"ll support him too. JMHO Bob
  • Options
    craig 25-06craig 25-06 Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My CCI order from Powder Valley placed on April 15 was just shipped. They honored the old price which was suprising.

Joker, are you old enough to remember the name of the gun shop Ross` Coins bought out? Hint, it was on A street two doors down from the bus station.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The primer and powder shortage is a real pain in the rear. I can remember the same game when Clintun got elected and Dems owned both the house and senate. Next came the assault weapons ban and other anti 2ndA legislation.
    Primers and powder prices were jacked up and stock outs were the norm. My $350 mini 14 was suddenly worth $1K.
    Interestingly, the election of 1994 changed everything. Lame duck Clintun[:)] Afterwards, primers were less than a penny a pop and gunpowder around $10 a pound. At that time, I stocked up with primers. I am still using primers from that period.
    I know as a fact Remington is working at max capacity trying to fill orders.
    Lets hope the 2010 election helps our situation.
  • Options
    Hiline345Hiline345 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Still no reason to charge the crazy prices not to mention the shipping charges. This is a great site and I am glad it is here but I think some of the guys in here selling primers are in here to make a huge profit a profit that goes into there pockets not back into the site I could be wrong. And if I am not mistaken I think there is a law that prohibits price gouging in times of emergency ( not like this is a emergency). If the sellers are really out to help the shooter it doesn't show.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They is no such thing as a crazy price in retail business. An item either sells or not. While I won't pay some of the high prices on some things, I have overspent on items I wanted or needed at some time.
    I have a model 60 Marlin .22 that I won't take $500 for, it has a special meaning to me. But I have also once paid $500 for 100 pcs of
    a .338 bullet for reloading for a .338 Lapua sniper rifle. By the way,
    the more a item sells for on auction, the more the auctioneer makes.
    No one in business is out to help the shooters. They are out to make a profit. And the more profit they make, the better deals and items they can offer. Any person in business helps the public BEST by helping them
    selfs first.
    I know this line of thinking is not the "norm" now a days, but it was the way many years ago. Sellers and any one else can only do Pro-bono things IF they can afford it. Bob
  • Options
    joker19joker19 Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am 63 years old, I remember almost everything!
  • Options
    Hiline345Hiline345 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They is no such thing as a crazy price in retail business. An item either sells or not. While I won't pay some of the high prices on some things, I have overspent on items I wanted or needed at some time.
    I have a model 60 Marlin .22 that I won't take $500 for, it has a special meaning to me. But I have also once paid $500 for 100 pcs of
    a .338 bullet for reloading for a .338 Lapua sniper rifle. By the way,
    the more a item sells for on auction, the more the auctioneer makes.
    No one in business is out to help the shooters. They are out to make a profit. And the more profit they make, the better deals and items they can offer. Any person in business helps the public BEST by helping them
    selfs first.
    I know this line of thinking is not the "norm" now a days, but it was the way many years ago. Sellers and any one else can only do Pro-bono things IF they can afford it. Bob

Oh I thought this was a site for shooters to help shooters so we can help our sport out. I am wondering why this way of thinking hasn't cuaght on with Dillon, RCBS, LEE etc. I haven't seen there prices triple I have seen them go up a bit but not to the prices these guys are asking.
    I have just one question so gun brokers gets a percentage of the sale or do they make money on running the ad (like ebay )?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This forum is supplied free by the owners of GB Holdings, Inc. The auction side generates the revenue needed to give us this free forum.

The benifit of the GB auction site is that you never have to spend one more penny than you are willing to pay. You can bid up to your maximum without a worry of going over budget.

Accusing an auction seller of ripping buyers off is a misguided statement, profit is not a dirty word. They may have inflated asking prices, if so, don't bid, wait for the prices to fall or move to another auction.