In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NT on pistol head stamp

I have ran across 40's and 45's with a NT stamped on the headstamp they look like they are crimped and the primer sizes are drffrent. Anyone know what the NT stands for?

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Non- toxic....They are the lead free loads for the politically correct
    ranges. May have smaller than norm size primers for that caliber. They throw a automatic reloading press into schizophrenia. Bob
  • Options
    non mortuusnon mortuus Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Supposedly when mixing up the new no lead/non toxic primer materials the ammo companies came up a compound that was a bit hotter than the old stuff so primer sizes were downgraded (small pistol instead of large pistol).
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I swage them in my Dillon primer pocket swager.
    Then normal brass prep.

CP
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I bought 7,000 9x19 empties from the Sheriff's range which were all headstamped as NT's, all Winchester and ICC. They use this stuff exclusively when shooting inside, now. The 9mm's did not have crimped-in primers, which save me a step.

Incidentally, the Winchester and ICC brass seem to have manufacturing tolerances that are real close to each other, with Federal, Remington, Magtech, S&B, etc., having anywhere from slightly different to markedly different loading properties. Maybe ICC contracts for its cases from the Olin brass mill?