In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 Garand

BIG ALBIG AL Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
Trying to decide which powder would be better for the M1 Garand,4064 or 4895,anybody got any suggestions? And using the 150 grain bullet.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Are you the Big AL Trombone Player From my Academy Days -1975?
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    48 gr of IMR 4895 is what I use for my Garands with a 150gr fmj bullet.
  • Options
    ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second what Pearyw said. I use the exact same recipe in my M-1 in local M-1 Garand Match for some hi-power plinking. Substitute soft points for the FMJ and fill a 5 round clip for Whitetails![;)]
  • Options
    usrowboyusrowboy Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got a "special grade" Garand from the CMP. Shoots high at 100yds by about 6inches but groups well. The rear sight is all the way down. Is there a way to readjust so I'm on target at 100yds at this lowest setting?
    Can't find anything online about this in the targeting of the rifle such as on the Fulton Armory sight.
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usrowby, I too have a CMP Garand. Any Garand handed to you to be on at 100 yards you come up 10 clicks in elevation. You have to have the site picture at 6 o'clock. That means looking through your rear peep you set the bullseye's bottom (6 o'clock) just tangent to your front blade (ball on top of stick) You don't cover that bullseye as you want to see it. At 200 years that front blade on an M-1 is the width of a man's shoulders! Hope this helps. You can also find this in Military books on the M-1 and Perhaps the CMP Forum can help you too! Best Regards!