In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

oal of bullet

odinsonodinson Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
I just read the previous post about over all length. I checked my .44 mag barrel (14" contender) with the bullet in the case method. I came up with a measurement of 1.78. I guess that is where the bullet meets the lands. The manual calls for a overall length of 1.61. Could someone explain to meet what this is about? What should the oal of my loads be?

Comments

• Options
    cash777cash777 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go by the book on revolver cartridge oal.Crimping in the cannuleur Do not-- try this with any powder like 296 or h110 that requires a firm crimp I think this is a big problem waiting to happen. In fact I don't think anyone would recommend doing this with any powder at all.Repeat DO NOT TRY Best Dave
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Go by the book for revolver loads. They set OAL to the canalure.
  • Options
    odinsonodinson Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok,thanks. I will stick to oal in the manuals. I have been having trouble with consistency. I get some good shots and then some fliers. I will take a look at the bullets. It has been suggested that I weigh them and see if there is some deviation in the weights.