In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's the most you've reloaded in an hour or day?

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
Been drooling over the Dillon Catalog again. Those high round counts of the progressives make me jealous.

With my turret die and tumbled, flared, & primed 45 acp brass, the most I've loaded in one sitting (couple hours) was 300rds.

I'd love to be able to load 500 or more per hour.

Edited to add: I know it's not a race and I do take my time but it's still slow going.

I've learned to do batches at each station as you on here instructed me to do.

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Something over 800 rounds of .45, starting with tumbled and used primer brass - I don't know the exact amount, just filled up a .308 GI ammo can. Did it lask week in one afternoon, about three hours. On a Dillon SDB.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I've done 300 45's in a hour with my Dillon SDB. Most times can do 200 very easy.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never have loaded for speed, so I don't have any idea how fast I could load. I usually just load 50 rounds and then get up and do something different. I have back problems and I can't sit or stand too long in one spot.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    takes me maybe 4-5hrs to match prep 50 cases and load them.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1000 45acp in 1 hour using my buddy's Dillon 1050. He used to load ammo commercially and can run 1200+ an hour if he is all set up.
    I prefer to go a litle slower with my 550 and usually run around 300-400 an hour. After shoulder surgery I take it a little easier and with more breaks. I have loaded several thousand 223 in a long afternoon but it kinda takes the fun out of it, so what's the point of that.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Min 250 Shot shells in an hour if the 366 stays in time

I can do the same maybe a little more with the LnL without really hurrying.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello 1500 edit "IN ONE DAY"[:I] with my star but it had an Hulme auto case feeder and Brewster indexer as well as an Ejector I designed . The cases were cleaned and I had an enlarged Powder reservoir But with bulk bullets that I had to size and lube the bullets in my Star lubersizer. These were match grade cartridges . I buy up all the STAR reloaders I can find From shooters that retire and then sell to new Bulls-Eye shooters IMHO no other loader comes close because of the STAR Powder Measure and the fact it has no Plastic moving parts. . I have loaded over 300,000 rounds on mine and it was used from a police dept and had loaded more the 2,000.000 rounds of 38 Special on it before I converted it to 45ACP[^]
  • Options
    Hiline345Hiline345 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Dillon 550 and I also use a RF 100 that helps me out alot.
    With a full hopper I can make about 250 to 300 45 acp. I have timed myself and I made 100 rounds in 11 minutes. With filling the primer tube and the hopper I made 500 rounds in just over a hour. I don't recommend new reloaders to try to go for speed( learn to walk before you try to run). I would think the Dillon SDB would be a quick reloader I am sure it is but I am looking at getting a 650 just to speed up the process. I know the RF 100 is pricey but if there is one thing I hate doing it is using a flip tray and a pick up tube.
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before you jump to the 650 you might consilder upgrading. I was talking to the Dillon rep at the shot show and he said just get the auto case feeder, bullet holder and it will increase your production rate to very close to the 650.
  • Options
    Hiline345Hiline345 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just did 100 rounds of .45 acp in 9 minutes I don't think I care to do that again.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can do about 500 pistol rounds (38/357, 9mm, 380) an hour with full primers tubes, brass & bullets close by. To be honest, I never try to get in a hurry when I reload. I enjoy it too much. I bought a RL550 the first year they were introduced and have definitely got my moneys worth and it still is as good as new.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Dont do much pistol but i have been known to load some 4-500 rnds of 30-06 in 3 hrs on a lyman turret press. (that is all sized, cleaned, powder measure set up and music going) However i dont race i just make my own records so i can be more efficient against myself.

Tinman
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once loaded 1000 7.62 rounds through a RCBS Rockchucker in a day. I had the whole thing all set up to do. I sized all the brass first then ran 100 at a time through primer, powder and seater stations. I had a hand primer so that went pretty quick. Except for the few that were still crimped. I loaded a moderate load of ball powder without weighing each load. So, if by chance I got a hot charge I wouldn't overdo it. The bullets were 150 gr. FMJBT's so they were easy. The tough thing is keeping it all organized as you go along. I started by sizing 100 into a shell holder. I found it was easier to size them all out of two boxes cut like hoppers where I just reached in to grab the once fired cases and once sized tossed it in the other box. Once in the sized/deprimed box I primed (no cleaning of the primer pockets) I primed by hand and then did 100 at a time from the shell holders.

It took me all day and I was pretty sore. That was before I had shoulder surgery.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I was late for a silhouette match one Sunday morning (the range opens at 9AM and it was getting close to 8), but I still managed to jam out 400 .357s and 200 .30carbine before 8:30 on my 550B. Shot a 40 with my Blackhawk in .30carbine for the first time ever!
  • Options
    gunprofitgunprofit Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    50,000+ rounds in one day. I used to load commerically on AmmoLoad machines. Also had Camdex, but it was not as good a machine as the AmmoLoads.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When dealing with things that go BOOM, I don't think speed should be the top priority, at least not for me. I don't want to put my family through the shame associated with me receiving the Darwin Award. [:D]

As always, this is just my opinion, and YMMV.
  • Options
    txingatxinga Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    most people on here seem to use a dillon , I use a hornady l-n-l with case feed and 800 to 1000 is not out of question with extra primer tubes ready to go look up the you tube vid with bullet feed and case feed
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slow and go here-