In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Redding 40 cal Push Thru Base Sizing Die

gunprofitgunprofit Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
Has anyone purchased and used the somewhat new Redding Push Thru Base Sizing Die for the 40 S&W caliber? It is supposed to remove the bulge that you get in some 40 cal casings, allowing you to return it to service. Am thinking about buying one and wanted to see if anyone recommends it.

Comments

• Options
    TxSgt1911TxSgt1911 Member Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one - it does what it's supposed to do. I'd recommend it, if only to be better safe than sorry. I don't use it for my target loads, but if I'm going to load some .40 on the hotter side, it's a definite.
  • Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you purchase it from?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I've got a Redding promotion going on....See the sticky above. I'm not certain when I'll be placing the order but hopefully pretty soon.
  • Options
    gunprofitgunprofit Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I don't want to come off as NEGATIVE but any time I see a bulged case I trash it as being over stressed and this is what caused the Bulge in the first place . I know a independent target grade reloaded that Has a ROLL sizer and he sells Thousands of Target grade BULLS-EYE loads he does not load bulged cases. I would like to see more opinions on people that have used this product and then loaded hotter side loads. The 40 IMHO is like the 45Gap and that is they both are near the top of Pressure in semi auto fire arms without a Ramped type barrel .