In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buying Primers

JohnFoxJohnFox Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I just did a Google Search as I was considering selling some primers online as I'm shooting less .45 these days.

Could someone please tell me if I am reading the law wrong, as well as some horror stories, or if you are selling primers and you are not federally trained, licensed, registered, or whatever it is called, are you at risk for fines that are just plain astonishing as in you could lose your home?

And if so, why are people listing primers for sale online? I see a few are legitimate business and collect the HAZMAT fee, but most appear to not be.

Thanks in advance,
JF

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Are there any primer brands I should avoid? I have been using cci in my square deal with no problems, but have seen better deals on other brands, wolf in particular. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks , Marv
  • Options
    clownboyclownboy Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Working for FedEx I do have some knowledge on this. Also have a buddy who works in Hazardous goods Department.

It is against the law to ship Haz Mat or explosive without the correct accreditations and paperwork. The stiffer penalties are when sent "air" service or through USPS. The punishment can be fines and even jail time depending on the severity.

So why do individuals do it? Ignorance or indifference in the laws.
    Will you get caught? Maybe but most likely not. We have had (on occasions) Police dogs come in and walk on the conveyor belt and into the trucks sniffing for drugs and such. Also, if a package becomes damaged or seems to be opening we will have them sent back to to Q/A Desk for an inspection of contents. If these items are illegal they can be reported to the authorities.

I can tell you that in 8 years with FedEx I have rarely seen anyone get caught. Millions of packages everyday and all we want to do is get them delivered. But just remember...
    "Don't do the crime if you can't pay the time."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks....I'll "give" them to someone face to face.

JF