In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

This is the first time I've ever done this...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
I loaded up some ammo the other day and I was feeling off...I kept thinking I really should stop for the day and finish up another time, but I finished up anyway. Well, today I opened my box of loaded ammo and noticed that I had seated a primer upside down.

Is there any risk of the primer going off if I pull the bullet and deprime the case??? Thanks!

Comments

• PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have done it on several occasions. Just go slowly and it should be ok.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spray it down with WD 40 first.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Most likely it will not go off but even if it does no harm to anything except nerves[:0]
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    99.99999999% of the time it will push right out, and can be reused.

BTW, WD-40 has about a .00001% chance of "killing" a primer permanently, and only a slightly better chance of temporally rendering it comatose. There is a lacquer seal over the priming compound, and WD doesn't have what it takes to break down that OR the lead staphinate compound itself (if it does get past the seal, it can only render the compound inert until it (the WD-40) dries out).
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    yep
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    yep
    [^][^][^] eddie, but my question is: Did you make any other mistakes, yet undiscovered[:0][:0][:0] Eddie
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put on safety glasses, and turn away from the press when running the ram,..thats what I do,..errr I mean thats what I would do
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    put on safety glasses, and turn away from the press when running the ram,..thats what I do,..errr I mean thats what I would do

[:D][:D][:D]