In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading Bench - Great Review

nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
It seems like the really good reports of practical, reasonably priced benches are few and far between. So many of us have been disappointed with commercially available products and their escalating costs that we have resorted to building our own benches even if it means not having it look as good as we would like.

Well here is a work bench that not only met my expectations but is totally 100% satisfactory in both packaging and assembly. It's the:

'Mobile Heavy-Duty Workbench' by Seville Classics, Inc. which I found for a young friend. He has been wanting to get set up for reloading but lacked the funds or skills to build a nice, sturdy reloading bench for himself.

reloadingbenchsevillecl.jpg

Overview

This deluxe mobile workbench features a large, sturdy, hardwood work surface of 48" x 24". Its solid wood top is 1.5" thick, and the bench's total height is 61". This bench also includes two stainless steel drawers, a 24" x 48" mounted pegboard, and a 23-piece hook set. The entire unit moves on four, heavy-duty 3" locking casters, and the solid steel frame has a textured, powder-coat finish to match all the other Ultra HD products!

Specifications

# Deluxe mobile workbench features large, sturdy hardwood work surface of 48" x 24" Solid Wood Top: 1.5" Thick
# The total dimensions of this bench is 48" x 24" x 61" H
# This bench also has 2 Stainless Steel drawers, 24 x 48 mounted pegboard with 23 pc. assorted hook set
# Heavy-duty 3" locking casters
# The Solid Steel frame is textured powder-coat finish to match all the other Ultra HD products!

The outside packaging showed a little damage as can be expected from anything that makes the trip from China. My expectation were not good for the product inside. Surprise! The product was in excellent condition do to the planning and execution of the packaging. There was not one nick, dent or chip anywhere on any of the pieces. The drawback to this is that the Greenies would have a coronary over the amount of plastic and Styrofoam used to keep the product this nice.

The directions were clear, including some small drawings to augment the list of directions. Everything was included right down to the proper screwdriver and wrench needed to assemble the bench and the rubber drawer liners (incredible!). Drawer liners from Sears are extra for most of their benches and tool chests. The wood top was very nice looking and was coated with something like a poly finish of some sort on all sides including the bottom. The drawers have ball bearing glides and will support 40 lbs. each according to the brochure. The pegboard is metal and rigid and even came with an assortment of usable hooks.

The assembly went without any hitches whatsoever. The parts lined up, the holes lined up, the screws and bolts worked and it took just a tiny bit of attention to get it square in the beginning. The assembly time was just about 1 hour from opening the box and laying everything out to tightening the final screw. Some of this time could be eliminated but I wanted the young owner to have the satisfaction of doing most of the work himself.

This bench is good enough for even the advance reloaders to get for an addition work surface. The best part besides the quality and ease of assembly is the price: $129.95 + tax carried out to my car.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=447793

We found this bench at Sam's Club but they might have other distribution options.

They also has the Seville Commercial Workbench which is shown on the same section of the website. It would be perfect for gunrooms and reloading areas.

Best.

Comments

• reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be leary of the wheels...yep they lock.. but still.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take 'em off and set it up on blocks. No big deal. Heck, screw it to the wall if you're that scared.

Best.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense

Take 'em off and set it up on blocks. No big deal. Heck, screw it to the wall if you're that scared.

Best.

I'm not scared of the wheels....the bench looks nice..my bench has a shelf on the bottom where I store me bullets...the thing is rock solid....and it aint even screwed to the wall[;)]
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess it depends on what cartridges you're reloading. For years I used a 200# oak table and had to hold it down most of the time. The new bench I built last year has studs going from the basement floor to the floor joists above. I added a superstrong shelf which is loaded with about 300# of bullets. That bench does not move, wiggle, or shake.