In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 ACP 2 inch Revolver

wcoxy2003wcoxy2003 Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
i know S/W sells one, but does anyone else. looking for one for personnel carry in 2 inch.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Try Taurus for one.
    I have one of the 500 625 3in. 45acp's Smith put out, and it is a big gun for carry.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I think the quality of S&W is better than Taurus. But it is more expensive. Also with the N frame it will be a little large. You might want to look at a J frame 357.
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife's[:X] winter carry gun is an S&W 1917 45 A.C.P. with 5 1/2" barrel[;)]Eddie
  • Options
    gunprofitgunprofit Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your goal is to acquire a large caliber revolver in a somewhat small and concealable frame I would tell you to look at the Charter Arms 44 Special Bulldog with 3" barrel. I normally carry top of the line firearms in bigbore calibers, but when I need something small I used to carry S&W "J" frame guns in ankle holsters or whatever carry method was needed for that time of year. Meaning, summer time was a concealed ankle holster, winter time under the coat.

Anyway, a few years back I acquired a Charter 44 sp and was very surprised by it's accuracy and control-ability. Nowdays it is my backup concealed carry gun and that's saying something, since I am a total S&W/Colt gun snob.