In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

press

kspray26kspray26 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
I have been reloading for a number of years and now want to get a progressive press.Is the Lee press any good.Cost is a major factor for me.

Comments

• kspray26kspray26 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI there i have been reloading with lee hand kits for a few years and am seriously considering goin up to a press. what are the different types and advantages?
    thanks
  • 20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off you have the c type press. Most of these are older models no longer made but still Quite servicable if you don't do a whole lot of case reforming. Then you step up to the 0 type press which are probably the most common type of press on the market today. Most are Pretty strong and will last a long time even under hard caseforming procedures. There are some cheaper 0 type presses such as the lee challenger out there and they work ok as long as you're just using them for basic reloading operations. Then you basically step up to the progressives presses and they can be a lot faster especially on pistol rounds if you have that need and are willing to pay the price for them and put up with a few frustrations in setting them up. My advice to you is to get a good brand name single stage 0 frame press such as an rcbs rockchucker, lyman, hornaday, or redding. All make some real quality single stage presses. And they are easy to learn on for the beginning reloader. Progressives can be really fine presses but there is a steep learning curve for most beginners.