In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Home made shot

longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
A guy has some shot he made & wants to sell. Anything I should be leary of or watch for in this stuff? It's #7 1/2.

Comments

• 20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of composition is, soft lead or does it have some antimony in it? How was it graded to make sure that it is actually #7 1/2? did he use something to graphite it so that it will flow thru the choke smoothly? I would want to know all these things before i bought any. Just because the holes are of a certain size in his shotmaker don't mean that thay will be a certain size. I admit to having tried homemade shot and have to say that i wasn't impressed with it. Stuff i shot wasn't even good enough to be used for skeet loads (didn't maintain enough patterm) and thats shooting at an average of 20 yds. Buyer beware!!!!!
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's cheap enough, buy some and pattern it at the yardages that you will be shooting from. If you like what it does, buy it. Testing is the only way to know for sure.